Ever read an amazing book, underlined the relatable, favorite, thought-provoking, mind-blowing, wow-i-must-remember-this-line-no-matter-what lines and after shutting the book, forgotten it in due course of time?
Oh, please stop shaking your head. I get it. We belong to same flock, birdie!
Hence, introducing a new category in my blog, Book Quotes.
By now you should have guessed why I have added a new category.
So, last weekend’s 5 hour getaway for me was into the words of Mitch Albom. This is the second book I’m reading this year(first was Black suits you by Novoneel) and I am glad I completed it in one sitting, with tears flowing down my face, running nose and throat coiling dry cough.
Worth it. This book was totally worth it.
I have never felt better after crying in a very long time. I embraced the book to my chest and was pondering for quite a few minutes, recalling my life, how it has been, how it could have been, how it should be.
Morrie has occupied a paramount space in my heart. I want few of his words from the book to be etched in my heart forever.
Although, I can take out the book and reread the underlined quotes anytime, I personally need a collection of my favourite quotes from books I read. Hence decided to make a move in 2017. Woohoo!
Okay, the quotes which I absolutely loved and would want you to read are here below.
- Accept what you able to do and what you are not able to do.
- Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it.
- Learn to forgive yourself and forgive others.
- Don’t assume that it is too late to get involved.
- Dying is the only thing to be sad over. Living unhappily is something else. So many people who come visit me are unhappy.
- Tension of opposites: you want to do one thing but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn’t. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted.
- Love wins, love always wins.
- So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they are busy doing things they think are important. This is because they are chasing the wrong things.
- Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.
- The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in.
- I give myself a good cry if I need it. But then I concentrate on all the good things still in my life.
- Sometimes you cannot see what you believe, you have to believe what you feel.
- Everyone knows they are going to die but nobody believes it. If we did, we would do things differently.
- Don’t cling to things, because everything is impermanent.
- How can I be envious of where you are when I have been there myself?
- Accept who you are and revel in that.
- Status will get you nowhere. Only an open heart will allow you to float equally between everyone.
- I believe in being fully present. That means you should be with the person you are with.
- Big things – how we think, what we value-those you must choose yourself. You can’t let anyone- or any society- determine those for you.
- Death ends a life, not a relationship.
If you were perturbed by reading these quotes, if your tranquil mind evoked any kind of rush in your nerves, please grab the book in your hand already!
Until next book,
~ © 2017 Shruthi Jothsana ~